photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Saturday, December 16, 2017

DECEMBER PLAY DOUGH

Carolyn Kisloski is the chef of these "delicious" play dough recipes.

Here are some of my favorite holiday playdough flavors. Our room smells delicious!

                              

My new favorite recipe for playdough is this one using Bisquick:

Bisquick Playdough

2 cups Bisquick

1 cup salt

2 cups water

1 Tbsp cream of tartar

1 Tbsp oil

Mix all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 3 minutes. Scrape and stir the bowl. Microwave for another 3 minutes. If it is not quite ready, microwave for another minute.

(I made a double batch and put it back in my microwave for one more minute, which worked perfectly.)

I like this playdough because it really lasts well. A double batch actually made 6 of these sized balls- but I was experimenting with Christmas ideas and ruined one... I had these big, shiny confetti shapes like these that I thought would be fun:

NOT.

They didn't mix in and were too much. Lesson learned and only five playdough balls left.

So I decided to go with Snowball (white with colored glitter), Christmas Tree (green coloring with cut up red and green tinsel pieces and some little gold stars), Cocoa (all I did was add LOTS of cocoa powder, and it smells awesome!), Gingerbread (cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg ), and Candy Cane (red coloring and mint extract).

I was thinking I could make Peppermint Patty playdough and have the brown cocoa playdough and some white with mint extract. Yum.

I also looked for some pine scented essential oil in the store this morning, but they didn't have any. I was thinking that may work well in the Christmas Tree playdough. I COULD tell you that I put it in there, couldn't I? I forgot that you can't smell through the computer. Well, I am honest- and I didn't put it in. The ones that smell don't have any "extras." The ones that don't smell, have some bling in them. It's a special time of year!

We have so many ideas like this in our monthly Happies packets. Feel free to check out the previews for our packets each month. Our packets are FULL of ideas to bring happiness to your classroom. You can find these at Dr. Jean’s website or at my TpT Store!

                                       

Thanks for stopping by!