photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Sunday, June 16, 2013

I MISS MY FATHER!


I wish my father were alive so I could tell him Happy Father's Day.  I wish I could tell him that I love him.  I wish I could thank him for all of the little and big things he did for me.  

My father loved to work in the yard, and I can see him in his 80’s playing in the dirt.  His hands were crippled with arthritis and I said, “Don’t your hands hurt?”  His reply was, “I don’t think about them and they don’t hurt.”  Every time I cooked for him it was the BEST food he ever tasted.  Every present I gave him was what he had always wanted.  Every sunrise was the most beautiful…every song was the prettiest…every experience was joyful…every day he was grateful.  My father taught me that it’s a beautiful world and we have a responsibility to work hard and do a little more than is expected of us.  Happiness comes when you try to make others happy.   I hope a little bit of my father is still alive in me!
My dad walking me down the aisle at my wedding.  He said he would 
never "give me away," but he changed his mind at the last minute!

If your father is still living, never miss the opportunity to tell him that you love him!


Things I learned from my father:
Never, ever, ever give up.
Never miss the opportunity to do something nice for someone.
You can do anything if you put your mind to it.
There's no such thing as a perfect job.  Put a smile on your face and just do it.
If you want something, then you have to WORK for it.
The world is full of wonderful things.
Find pleasure in the simple things.
Forgive and forget.
Be the best YOU that you can be!