photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Sunday, May 19, 2013

GRACELAND, GRACELAND, MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE!


My husband and I took a little trip to Memphis this week and we had a blast!!!  First of all, it was worth the trip to have ribs at Rendezvous and fried chicken at Gus’.  My husband was like a little kid when he saw the “March of the Ducks” at the Peabody Hotel.  But the part of Memphis that will stay in our hearts forever was the visit to Graceland! 

I’ll admit I was not a huge Elvis fan before we went, but going to Graceland should be on everybody’s bucket list.  After visiting Elvis’ home my husband and I said over and over again.  “Wow!  I never knew what a GOOD human being he was.”  And he was GOOD!  He was totally loving and giving to his family, friends, fans, and even strangers.  Three words that best describe him are humility, gratitude, and generosity.  The world needs more heroes like Elvis!

Here are some great quotes from “The King.”

"I ain't no saint, but I've tried never to do anything that would hurt my family or offend God...I figure all any kid needs is hope and the feeling he or she belongs. If I could do or say anything that would give some kid that feeling, I would believe I had contributed something to the world." 
-Elvis commenting to a reporter, 1950's.

"Don’t criticize what you don’t understand, son. You never walked in that man’s shoes." 
-Elvis often used this adaptation of a well-known quotation.

"When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was the hero of the comic book. I saw movies, and I was the hero in the movie. So every dream I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times...I learned very early in life that: ‘Without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain’t got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend - without a song.' So I keep singing a song. Goodnight. Thank you." 
-From his acceptance speech for the 1970 Ten Outstanding Young Men of the Nation Award. Given at a ceremony on January 16, 1971. (Elvis quotes from copyrighted material with lines from the song "Without a Song".)

So, like Elvis, I’ll just keep singing a song!  Have a beautiful day!