photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

ANTIQUE ROADSHOW


I love to watch the Antique Road Show when items people found in a dumpster are worth thousands of dollars.  These finger plays might not make you any money, but the are “antiques” and I’ve got a feeling your children will find them just as “valuable” as mine did years ago.

Here’s a Box
Here’s a box.         (Hold up right fist.)
Here’s a lid.                  (Left palm on top.)
I wonder what inside is hid?
(Let children name imaginary items that might be in the box.)
Yes, you’re right!         (Nod head.)
Without                                                                                                                                                              a doubt!
Let’s open the lid         (Remove left palm.)
And take it out.         (Pretend to take something out.)

My Pigeons  (Say this quietly and slowly and watch the children calm down.)
My pigeon house I open wide         (Fingers crossed and then open.)
And set my pigeons free.                  (Wave fingers.)
They fly around on every side         (Wave fingers to the side.)
And in the highest tree.                  (Wave fingers up in the air.)
Then they come home at evening.   (Fold hands and cross fingers.)
They close their eyes and sing.         (Close eyes and place on hands.)
Coo roo, coo roo.                           (Softly coo.)
Listen to them sing.

Make a Lap
I pull my ears.         (Pull ears.)
I push my nose.         (Push nose.)
I tap my head.         (Tap head.)
I touch my toes.         (Touch toes.)
I clap, clap, clap.         (Clap 3 times.)
Now I sit down and make my lap.

Clocks  (I don’t know why my class liked this one, but they did.  I think it’s the exaggeration.)
Big clocks go tick, tock,                  (Arms around your head to make a clock.)
Tick, tock, tick, tock.                  (Say with a deep, slow voice.)
Medium size clocks go                  (Fingertips together to make a clock.)
Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock.    (Say with a normal voice.)
And little, tiny clocks go                  (Touch index finger near thumb.)
Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock.  (Say fast with a high voice.)