photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Monday, March 5, 2012

LETTER WAND AND MAGIC MIRROR

You can make a letter wand from a butterfly net that you purchase at a dollar store.  Remove the netting and add a little magic with some ribbon.  Sing this song to the tune of “Muffin Man.”
Do you see the letter __?
The letter ___?  The letter___?
Do you see the letter __ somewhere in the room?
(One child takes the letter wand and frames the letter as she sings.)
Yes, I see the letter ___, the letter ____, the letter ____.
Yes, I see the letter ____ in our room.

*Adapt this song for colors, shapes, numerals, or words.

A long time ago there was a popular children’s television show called “The Romper Room.”  At the end of each program the teacher would take a mirror without the glass and say:
"Romper, bomper, stomper boo. Tell me, tell me, tell me, do. Magic Mirror, tell me today, have all my friends had fun at play?”
She would then call out the names of several children.  However, there are many of us who listened every day for her to say our name.  And she never did!!!!  Here’s your chance!  Take the letter wand in front of a mirror and you can say your name. 

Seriously, I was thinking you could use the letter wand in a similar way at the end of the school day to recall what the children learned.
“Romper, bomper, stomper, boo.  Tell me, tell me, tell me, do.
Magic Mirror, what do you say?  What have my friends learned today?”
You could then pass the mirror to each child to say what they learned.