photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Llucky Me!

Lucky me to get to share with so many teachers across the United States this summer!  Yesterday's conference for the Osage Nation Child Care Council was AMAZING!  One of the organizers commented, "We value you and appreciate you.  That's why we worked so hard to give you this special day."  And they did work hard - and it was a special day!  Can you imagine wrapping up a gift for each participant so they all won a door prize?  They pulled out all the bells and whistles to give the teachers who came a great day to start the new year.  And, they awarded me with a ceremonial blanket which I will treasure!

Tori Bennett shared this cheer to the tune of "We Will Rock You."
(Stomp, stomp, clap.)
You just (stomp, stomp, clap)
You just (stomp, stomp, clap)
Rocked it!  (Strum your guitar.)

Angel Evers said she wrote letters, numbers, shapes, words, etc. on her carpet for the children to trace, walk on, hop, etc.  Angel said to use light colored chalk and it will just disappear by the end of the day.

Shannon Hamilton suggested chanting the letters of the alphabet to "Brown Bear, Brown Bear."  For example, "Letter A, letter A, what do you see?  I see letter B looking at me...."

Kim Ward uses the "Hickety Pickety Bumblebee" chant for spelling.
Hickety pickety bumblebee.
Who can spell want for me?  (w-a-n-t)
Hickety pickety bumblebee,
Who can stomp want for me? (Stomp each letter as you spell.)
Continue spelling want with other motions...clap, hop, snap, etc.

Some of you may have heard me comment that I am an "antique" teacher.  In my 40 year journey as an educator I have been priviledged to learn many songs, stories, games, and ideas that I can share with you.  Yesterday someone mentioned that I was not an antique - I am "mid century modern."  Whatever!  I still love what I do!  Thanks for listening to me!